Camp NaNoWriMo – Draft Zero Here I Come!

I’ve been signed up and patiently awaiting National Novel Writing Month (November) – contemplating participation. Fifty-thousand words in a month is crazy, right? With a full-time job, two kids, and an enjoyment of the outdoors, when would I have the time?

But wait! I just discovered Camp NaNoWriMo that runs in April. You can set your own word count goal. This will coincide PERFECTLY with me finishing the novel I started in February. Thirty-thousand words should wrap up draft zero (the terrible concoction that happens before the first draft.)  I’m already 25,000 words into this new novel. Hopefully, I don’t encounter many stumbling blocks as I’m feeling a little writers block today. Oh well, one scene at a time. If it doesn’t go the right way, I’ll just toss it later.

So I’m excited, my very first NaNoWriMo event! Anyone out there in with me?

CNW_Participant[1]

About Joynell Schultz

Writer & lover of all types of speculative fiction. I'm shivering in northern Wisconsin. Learn about my novels here: http://Author.to/JoynellSchultz
This entry was posted in Love, Lies, & Clones, My Writing Journey, NaNoWriMo, Writing Tips & Resources and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Camp NaNoWriMo – Draft Zero Here I Come!

1. bikurgurl says:

Whaaaaaaaaat????? I’ve never even looked into Camp NaNoWriMo! I was just thinking I needed to get a new writing goal…and here it is, just waiting for me to pluck it up and run! Thank you for mirroring my enthusiasm — LET’S GO TO CAMP!!!

Liked by 1 person

2. bikurgurl says:

{Write ON!} 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Rachel says:

I love camp! Not because of the flexibility, but because I need more than one NaNo session every year. 😉 Waiting three to four months is much easier than waiting a whole year.
    Good luck!

Liked by 1 person

4. queenofblank says:

I’ve never done Camp NaNo, but I got this idea that I NEEDED to write, but wanted the motivation of doing it alongside others to get me going. So YAY Camp! I set my goal small though, so I don’t lose again…LOL

Liked by 1 person

5. Jessica M says:

This will be my second Camp! I, too, totally forgot that it was coming up in April. So needless to say, I’m pretty excited about it. I’m going for a more relaxed goal of 20k words. It’s a busy time of year, but I think it’s doable! Good luck!

Liked by 1 person

6. Eliza David says:

WOOT! I’ll be there! Very excited for April, but my outline is stuck.

7. 0wlmachine says:

YUP! Although I keep going back and forth on my concept. I’ll get there.

Liked by 1 person