I’m Ready for Camp! (Novel Revision Camp)

IMG_1253

Woo Hoo! I’m all ready for Camp NaNo! (Just finished my prep in the last few minutes.) It will be revisions for me with a goal to add 30,000 words to Love, Lies, and Clones.  I usually muddle through everything, but with the limited time frame, I thought I’d get organized.  (Okay, this is way too organized.  Forgive me!)

The last week has been preparation: Developing a plan, identifying major plot holes, and organization. Here are the tools I used:

So the next two days are free days where I put the novel aside and breathe before Camp NaNoWriMo starts April 1st.

Are you ready?

About Joynell Schultz

Writer & lover of all types of speculative fiction. I'm shivering in northern Wisconsin. Learn about my novels here: http://Author.to/JoynellSchultz
This entry was posted in Love, Lies, & Clones, My Writing Journey, Writing Tips & Resources and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to I’m Ready for Camp! (Novel Revision Camp)

1. nathantudor says:

Awesome! Good luck next month 🙂

2. Jessi Harding says:

Wow – that’s an almost intimidating level of organisation! (Coloured pens are awesome, though. I use a fountain pen sometimes and just can’t stop eyeing off all the different colour inks). Also, what is Love, Lies and Clones? The title alone has my curiosity!

3. bikurgurl says:

I am so not ready! I love how organized you are — I have some work to do!

4. Pingback: NaNoWriMo Camp {Ramblings On} – Bikurgurl

5. Rachel says:

My outline isn’t quite done. I have the first seven chapters planned out, so that should keep my busy for a few days, lol. Good luck!

Liked by 1 person

6. Dang! This is inspiring – way to be prepared!

7. Lana says:

Good job on being prepared! All of your organization looks awesome. I’m not nearly that prepared, but I’d already planned on not really knowing what I was doing, so that’s okay. (Wow, I planned for being unplanned…)

Good luck on your revisions!

8. ejsmith3130 says:

The organizational side of me loves this photo! So neat! I also printed out my manuscript when working on edits, and found that having it my hands physically made such a difference. That manuscript is on the back burner for now (and is coincidentally the prequel to what I’m writing for camp) but I’ve got work to do still before the 1st. Today I’m trying to get character stuff solidified so that I have a better idea of who these people are (or start as anyway) before I begin.

I look forward to updates on how you are doing!

9. Gillian Ivy says:

Awesome planning! I am signed up for camp this year,and I can’t wait !! Good luck!

10. JodiLea says:

Hi Joynell,
    Thank you for choosing to follow me! Now that camp starts in 17 hours, I am excited and nervous. I’m spending time today doing character worksheets and working on the holes (immense caverns) I’m finding in my plot.
    I love that you are thinking this will be fun! I get so wrapped up and serious that I stop having fun and my writing slows down to a crawl. I thank you for reminding me!

Good luck on your revisions,
    Jodi

Liked by 1 person

11. Holy cow I’m impressed by how organized you are! I made a squiggly outline in a word document and was semi-proud of myself for just that… X-D

12. jlamborn3 says:

I’m excited to find another NaNo camper! You have some really great materials here. Thanks for sharing it. I’m following you now so I can keep up with your progress.

13. R. G. Roy says:

That looks fantastic! I am not nearly that organized for Camp, but working away at my editing.

Liked by 1 person

• I’m already realizing I’m a little over my head. I had huge ambitions and I don’t know if I can keep it up for a whole month! I’ve revised the first 15 scenes so far and added 3000 of my 30000 word goal so far. Lets see where we end up. Something’s better than nothing, right?